Tutor job description
Tutorpedia Foundation is searching for stellar tutors to work with high school students of the Boys and Girls Club, SF, who are committed to making education real, relevant, and rigorous for students through personal relationships. We are seeking qualified tutors and instructors for the following positions:
(1) English and S.T.E.M. subjects tutors
- Monday-Thursday, approx. 5:00-7:00 pm
- Week of 10/5/2014 – 5/15/2015
- No tutoring during the weeks of Thanksgiving (11/24), winter break (12/22 and 12/29), Presidents’ Day (2/16), and Spring Break (3/30)
(2) SAT Workshop instructor
- 6 2-hr classes beginning 10/12
- Likely Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Prepare for Nov. 11 test date
- Salary details
- $25-30 per hour commensurate with experience
- Click here for more information
Interested in a Career working with Children?
Get Paid Experience as an After School Program Tutor for elementary school children at the Temple Tutorial After School Program.
Tutors are needed Mondays to Fridays, 3–6 pm
We are hiring tutors for various weekdays.
Math/Computer Skills for school age level are especially needed.
Please contact Ms. Ruth Rogers at
415-586-1444 x209 or 415-254-0413
Location: Temple United Methodist Church (The big steeple at 19th & J Serra) 65 Beverly Street, San Francisco, CA 94132 (10 minute walk from SFSU)
This is a non-faith based organization funded by the City of San Francisco and the Dept of Children Youth & Families (DCYF)
- Provide tutoring services for undergraduate students seeking assistance with undergraduate level math courses.
- Facilitate tutorial sessions with individual students or small groups.
- Prepare and present workshops or projects which may occur outside of the scheduled 12 hours.
Math Hiring Flyer (full page)
While we recently started our 2014-15 SY, the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is continuing to hire and we encourage interested educators to apply. Please share this email about our open positions with your students, staff, and alumni.
Below are some high need credential areas where we are seeking candidates in a variety of FTEs. If you are working towards or hold a credential in these areas, we encourage you to apply.
- Special Education: Mild/Moderate – RSP and SDC, in all grade levels
- Multiple Subject – in PreK and Elementary positions
- PE – all grade levels
- Spanish Bilingual Education positions – Elementary positions
- Math/Science Core – Middle School
- Counselor – High school
- Teachers on Special Assignment
- Literacy Specialists
To see which sites have these vacancies, go to www.sfusd.edu/jobs and click on “View Open Certificated Positions.” New positions will also be posted as soon as they become available throughout September and into the fall semester. If you have a question about a specific credential area or wish to connect with someone from our Human Resources team, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Academic Mentor
Program: Mayor’s Youth Employment and Education Program (MYEEP)
Location: Various locations throughout San Francisco
Salary: $15- $17 hour, depending on experience
Hours: 10-15 hours a week
Schedule: 3:30-6:30pm, Monday – Friday 3-4 times a week (depending on your availability)
ACADEMIC MENTOR DESCRIPTION:
The MYEEP Academic Mentor will work at multiple MYEEP partner agency sites to provide high quality academic support for program participants.
- Support youth in improving overall academic performance
- Provide tutoring for MYEEP participants one-on-one or in small groups in a supportive learning environment
- Work with the MYEEP Coordinator to create individual work plans for each youth
- Communicate with schools to obtain report cards, progress reports and student updates
- Create customized lesson plans to enhance learning
- Travel to multiple MYEEP agency locations
- Attend MYEEP program wide events
- Other duties as assigned
Click here for more information
The Child Development and Family Studies Department at CCSF has openings in their part-time pool. This is a great opportunity for those interested in being part of a dynamic and multifaceted Child Development Department at CCSF. They are especially looking for individuals with an early childhood education background who also have K-12 and/or special education experience.
Application deadline is: October 1st, 2014
Click here for more information on how to apply
Mission Graduates (formerly St. John’s) is a nonprofit organization that increases the number of K-12 students in San Francisco’s Mission District who are prepared for and complete a college education.
We believe in …
- Respect for young people and celebrating the gifts and talents of each individual
- The power of education and its ability to improve lives and impact the community
- Collaboration with families and schools to provide the most effective support system
- Going beyond academics to best prepare youth for success in college
- Grounding our work in the principles of youth development
Click here for job description and more information on how to apply
The Educational Content Specialist is responsible for shepherding digital learning projects and creating and disseminating high-quality materials for teacher professional development. He/she will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to produce e-books, online courses, and stand-alone, digitally delivered resources for educators. This position reports to the Director of Digital Learning and is also responsible for providing ongoing support (both administrative and programmatic) for the Digital Learning initiative.
Click here for more information and on how to apply
The Institute for Inquiry (IFI) is creating a new hybrid position, a Learning Scientist-Senior Science Educator, to play a leadership role in designing and conducting research to better understand and document key dimensions, strategies, and impacts of IFI’s professional learning programs for teachers with high numbers of second language learners and/or Professional Developers who work with elementary school teachers. With assistance from grant development staff, the IFI Learning Scientist-Senior Science Educator will be responsible for developing and securing grant support for this program of research.
Click here for more information and on how to apply